|The Beach Shirt|
(Photo by BURNBLUE)
We all feel it - the busy and fast pace of summer is finally calming down with fall on the horizon. The water skis and wake boards are getting hung up. The summer party blitz of weddings and graduations are slowing down. Coronas and Landsharks are taking up less real estate at the grocers. And the lackadaisical feeling that accompanies crisp afternoons of college football is spreading faster than a cold in a kindergarten class. But who says that the celebrations need to stop completely? ...I guess no one says that. Soooo, why not grab a handful of your close friends who you actually enjoy spending quality time with and throw a fall celebration. What makes the perfect fall party? Here are a few suggestions to get those Autumn vibes flowin':
- Pumpkin carving - try turning this into some type of contest even. (click here for some cool patterns)
- Seasonal biers and ales - so many options. (click here for a list of the "Top 10 Fall Beers")
- Hot Cider (hard and/or non-alcoholic)
- Bonefire with s'mores
- Toasted Pumpkin seeds - use the ones from the pumpkins you carved. (recipe here)
- Chili or soup "pot-luck" - get creative, but keep it simple...i.e. don't kill yourself making this, let the guests help or bring their own.
- ANOTHER GREAT IDEA - Have all guests bring toys around $10 worth of kids toys to put together and wrap gift boxes for less fortunate kids around the holiday time. Operation Christmas Child is a great venue to do this with, but I am sure ther are some other charities as well that are just as good.
Below is the invite email I used...feel free to copy & paste to save yourself the trouble of word-smithing your own.
Righteous Broheims and Muchachas,
We have decided on a firm tentative Saturday, [INSERT DATE] for the first annual Autumn Festivus. Activities include (but are not limited to):
- Pumpkin Carving - BYOP (Bring Your Own Pumpkin)
- Chili - we will be making some, and feel free to bring a crock of your own for some variety
- Seasonal biers and ales
- Hot cider - both "hard" and non-alcoholic; we will experiment with different ones
- Bonfire and s'mores to wrap up the evening (or just get it started, depending on your disposition)
- Great fellowship with friends - old and new.
Feel free to contribute in any of the above areas in whichever ways your heart desires (food, drink, balloon animals, carving tools, etc). Bringing a date is not necessary, however one will not be provided for you if you chose not to bring one. You may also invite friends - no nerds though. We are thinking of kicking off around 5:30pm-ish at my house...feel free to forward.
As always - flannel is not only welcome, it is encouraged.
The Beach Shirt - Island Cotton
Weddings & Family Photos
Carry our products